What type of double glazed doors should I buy?
Where professionals use abbreviations or jargon that they are familiar with, sometimes we don’t have a clue what they are on about – take the double glazing industry for example.
They all mention certification by CERTASS / FENSA / GGF – but what are they & what do they do?
These abbreviations refer to UK trade bodies for the double glazing windows, doors & conservatory industry & provide a means for accrediting companies in terms of financial stability, competence and ongoing standards pf working practices – including regular inspection of completed installations.
- GGF – Glass & Glazing federation
- CERTASS – certification & self-assessment
- FENSA – Fenestration Self-Assessment scheme
- DGCOS – double glazing & conservatory ombudsman scheme
- you can find out more on the websites of each trade body.