What type of double glazed doors should I buy?
It’s sometimes obvious to the expert that the other person should understand what they are talking about for double glazed uPVC Front Doors, but it’s not obvious to the person listening to the expert at all!
Where professionals use abbreviations or jargon that they are familiar with, sometimes we don’t have a clue what they are on about – take the double glazing industry for example.
They all mention certification by CERTASS / FENSA / GGF – but what are they & what do they do?
These abbreviations refer to UK trade bodies for the double glazing windows, doors & conservatory industry & provide a means for accrediting companies in terms of financial stability, competence and ongoing standards pf working practices – including regular inspection of completed installations.
- GGF – Glass & Glazing federation
- CERTASS – certification & self-assessment
- FENSA – Fenestration Self-Assessment scheme
- DGCOS – double glazing & conservatory ombudsman scheme
- you can find out more on the websites of each trade body.